Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Using new technologies in teaching

I could see using twitter if my colleagues checked their emails often enough. I could also see using twitter in communicating with my fellow coach or my AD. I think that using a blog would be a very useful tool to use in coaching. I send weekly e-mails about the previous swim meet or water polo game as well as what is coming up. This would save me the e-mail and it allows me to add pictures. I could also add twitter to the blog to add reminders for the team.

I don't know if I would use facebook in working with students. I would love to see how to effectively use facebook in the education arena. I don't know if I would use it for coaching either.

1 comment:

Richard Robertson said...

I think twitter could be very effective for a team or coaching staff if everyone was linked up with their cell phone. In that way you could send info that they are sure to get.