Friday, May 16, 2008

Using MERLOT in the Classroom

What caught me first was MERLOT! I was thinking wow how does wine get incorporated into PE? Was I wrong. What grabbed me at first was the idea that I could play in class what the sound of a beating heart sounds like. That would be amazing for students to hear.
I especially liked the ability to access the "Assessing Blood Pressure," as in teaching PE we discuss blood pressure. Also I could guide students/athletes to the site for the athletic training aspect. But after that I was lost and virtually uninterested in what MERLOT had to offer.

1 comment:

kia said...

As a fellow Gemini, I agree with the MERLOT aspect as well. There are many benefits to this program, but I couldn't really finish the article with much interest. I think I would rather stick to keeping it in my wine cabinet. Good luck with the Facebook, I too have reconnected with many high school classmates just in the past four days. I am not sure how it will unfold for grad school though. We just will have to wait and see.